Published in: Cornell Chronicle. April 9, 2018
"Of 56 peer-reviewed studies, 52 (93 percent) found that gender transition improves the overall well-being of transgender people. The other 7 percent reported mixed or null findings. None of the reviewed studies showed that gender transition harms well-being."
"The positive outcomes of gender transition and related medical treatments include improved quality of life, greater relationship satisfaction, higher self-esteem and confidence, and reductions in anxiety, depression, suicidal tendencies and substance use."
"The positive impact of gender transition has grown considerably in recent years, as surgical techniques and social support have improved."
"Regrets following gender transition are extremely rare and have become increasingly rarer."